Making a great first impression is key to delivering an excellent customer experience. The format you choose for your email can make or break a customer’s impression of any interaction. Below are some proven ways to provide clear answers to a customer’s questions.
- Hi there,
- Hi (customer’s name if available),
- Thanks for reaching out.
- We appreciate you bringing this our attention.
- Empathize with the customer and sound like a real person.
- Put yourself in their shoes and let them know you care.
Answer the customer’s question or issue:
- This is usually combined with the intro and is done in one or two sentences to ensure the customer receives the answer to their question or concern.
- Example: Thanks for reaching out. This item is new but has been opened.
Add any extra information in one to two separate paragraphs.
- If the customer’s question or concern requires additional information, this can be included in separate paragraphs once the initial answer has been given.
A proper closing is just as important as a proper greeting.
Great closings often look like these:
- If you have any further questions please feel free to reach back out.
- Have a wonderful/great day!
Note: We encourage Experts not to include their names in the closing for privacy and security reasons.
Below you will find an example of a ticket with a properly formatted response.