Here are the requirements to get started!
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Hold citizenship in one of our approved countries and state/provinces (please complete the initial application for a full list of approved countries and state/provinces.) More details here for those who have relocated temporarily.
- Must have a valid, active PayPal or Venmo account for payment (learn more about payments.)
- Must pass initial and on-going background checks. We only screen for infractions that would impact your ability to provide excellent customer service on our platform.
- Access to a Laptop or Desktop Computer. The operating system and version are irrelevant so long as the computer is capable of running the latest version of Google Chrome.
- Reliable internet connection. Your internet connection speed is irrelevant, but the slower your connection, the longer it may take you to research and answer each ticket.
- Latest version of Google Chrome. You should disable any ad blockers and/or firewalls that may interfere with the operation of our platform.
Optional But Beneficial:
- Valid US cell phone number. We only use this for important alerts or incentives (learn more about incentives.) Without one, we won't be able to alert you about these incentives. You can consider a message service that provides you a valid US cell phone number if you don't already have one.
- Virtual Private Network. If you're located outside of the USA, you may have trouble accessing the websites of some of our partners. Or, for example, you may only be able to access a version of their website that is specific to your country. A VPN allows you to circumvent these issues. Please keep in mind that using a VPN could also interfere with some operations of our platform, so just proceed accordingly and reach out if you need assistance.
- Grammarly. This tool is extremely helpful at catching minor grammatical mistakes, and it's free (learn more here.)
- Read the Expert Success Guide. This brief document provides tips, tricks, and other information at ensuring your success on the platform and helping you provide great customer service. This all leads to higher earnings, too, so it's a win-win situation.
- Decent typing skills. We don't assess or judge your typing proficiency at any point, but the more efficient you are at typing, the more effective you'll be on our platform.
No professional experience, training, or certification required -- just a passion for helping others.
Please note, Experts will need to pass our assessment process before becoming an Expert. Our assessment process is designed to evaluate an applicant's customer service skills. More details on the things that we're looking for here.